GT-6?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT-6?
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 07:09:37 -0600
Cc: jedmund@lsbsdi2.lightspeed.net
>I am considering buying a GT-6+ , but have some questions about
>ownership of this type of a car. I am curious about much it cost to
>keep them on the road?

No more or less than any other Triumph.  Parts are not a problem
as there are lots of parts cars around.  Anything you can't find
locally can be mail ordered.  Like any other British car, you will
probably end up spending a lot of money on it right after you buy
it to get everything right, then all you have to do it maintain
it.  Properly maintained, they are quite dependable and not
difficult to work on.  You will end up spending more money on
it than you are likely to recover when you sell it, so don't
buy one thinking that you can make a quick buck on it.  Resale
value of GT6's is a lot lower than, say, a TR6 or TR4, which is
a mystery to those of us who own GT6's.  The GT6+ is probably
the one to have since they have better engines and suspensions
than MkI's and hadn't yet been detuned to meet emissions
standards like the later Mk3's.  I have owned my MkI for over
18 years.  I think the GT6 is one of the best bargains around,
but I am obviously biased.
Dave Fain