Re: TR6 replacement seatbelts

To: Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 replacement seatbelts
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 22:43:31 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bruce Krobusek wrote:

> For the past year or so I've been looking for new seatbelts for my '72 TR6.
> The ones I currently have are original 3-point belts (in good shape, but 25
> years old). I've been reluctant to go to inertia-style belts as I really
> don't want to drill holes in the car to mount the reel. (I'm trying to
> keep holes from appearing; I'd rather not create any!)

This brings up the following question in my mind:

Does anybody know when the cutover from the "adjust it yourself" to
the inertia-style seatbelts happened in the TR6?  Even the TRF
catalog doesn't seem to have any information on this, and I've
wondered what the "correct" style belts are on various models
of TR6.

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |