Re: TR4/4a/250/6 Doors

To: joeiv@concentric.net
Subject: Re: TR4/4a/250/6 Doors
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 02:12:27 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>Paul,
>
>   I beleive the only differences were 1) the interior trim. i.e.
>panel
>& piece above the panel, near the glass 2)the holes for the pop rivits
>that hold on the trim strip. The TR4 &TR6 have no holes, the TR 4a
>holes
>are lower, because the center of its skinnier strip sits nearer to the
>body line, and a TR 250 door, which "fits juuust right".
>  If I were you, I'd search for a TR 6 door, they are the most
>numerous,
>the most recently manufactured, and are not wrongly drilled.
>
>       Good Luck,
>
>                         JOE IV
>                         TR 250
>                 WALLINGFORD, CT. USA

I think you will find that there are internal differences between the
TR6/250/4-4A doors in the locking mechanism. I remember trying to get
parts off a TR4 for my TR6 restoration and was surprised to find just how
different they were even though from appearance one would fit the other.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Stag