Re: Need advice on stuck bolts

To: tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: Need advice on stuck bolts
From: Les Francis <lesf@metronet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 08:18:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:10 AM 4/19/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Les Francis wrote: (snip)
>>
>> OK.  Mr. Goofywrench (me) has struck again.
>>
>> In an attempt to examine the braking system, r & r the rear shoes, and bleed
>> the system on my '78 Spitfire, I've thoroughly rounded off both the bleed
>> screw and the brakeline nut on the back of the wheel plate.

>Les, if I'm reading this correctly, you've ruined the rear wheel
>cylinder. The easy fix is to chuck the mangled one and buy a new one for
>$20. You'll have to get a new brakeline to rpleace the one that you cut.

Thanks for replies.  Sorry for my my density, but..

All I THINK I've ruined so far is the bleed screw and the nut on the brake
line.  The cast iron (?) thingie they screw into and the attached brake
cylinder are untouched.  Am I wrong?  Will the cast iron thingie be ruined
as well because of the corrosion that stuck the nuts in the first place?  Is
it in fact part of the wheel cylinder?  How many questions can I ask at one
time?

Oh yeah.  When I heat this sucker super hot will I have destroyed they part
the hardware is stuck in?