Re: TR3 Differential

To: Paulpop@ssnet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Differential
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:27:34 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-15 11:45:17 EDT, Paulpop@ssnet.com writes:

<< My mechanic tells me that I am soon for a differential ... that the repair
 that will be required in terms of costs, etc. would be prohibitive.  I have
 a '57 TR3 small mouth and looking .... can anyone help??

What does prohibitive mean ?? Unless the case is damaged why not just get it
rebuilt?  Bearings,shims, etc. are all available as far as I know.  Pressing
the bearings off the shafts might break a 10 ton press but it can be done.
We've done three in the past two years.  Can you clarify the problem a
little?  Even if you find a used diff you ought to have it gone through
before you install it, right ?
Bob Paul
Corrales NM