Re: TR 6 Valve Stem Oil Seals

To: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@sprynet.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR 6 Valve Stem Oil Seals
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr" <mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:26:53 -0500
Probably not entirely relevant, but I usually replace oil seals on all the
old british motorcycles I work with with pretty good results.  They usually
slip right over the valve guides and are a simple task before or after
putting the valve in place.  Most have a flange (?) that holds the seal in
place on the guide and rarely need adjustment or fiddeling around to get to
stay once the springs are put on.  Sometimes the springs have a bottom
washer that also holds the seal in place.

I say go for it.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, MS