FW: TR3 Slave cylinder

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR3 Slave cylinder
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 16:54:46 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [KARIN SUGGITT
<ksuggitt@bmts.com>]]

     Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 19:29:04 -0800
     From: KARIN SUGGITT <ksuggitt@bmts.com>
     Subject: TR3 Slave cylinder

I am rebuilding my 1960 TR3 clutch slave cylinder and when I took it
apart there was no spring inside between the back of the piston and the
bottom of the cylinder.  After looking at the spares catalouge picture I
am at a loss as to what purpose this spring is for?  It appears to be
acting in the same direction as the hydraulic force, and looks from the
picture to be a very weak spring.  Obviously it isn't assisting the
operation of the clutch.  It doesn't prevent the piston from bottoming
out as there is an extension on the back of the piston that accomplishes
this.   Anybody know if I really need one?  Can I buy one separately anywhere?