TR-4 Oil problem

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-4 Oil problem
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 97 07:32:56 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

I've run across a problem with my 64 TR4-engine. It seems that there is a
lack of oil flow the the rocker arms.
With 10w 40, oil pressure is 45 at idle and 70 to 75 at 2000 rpms ( I just
replaces the bearings)   With the valve cover removed I started the engine
and it took approx 1 minute for oil to get up to the rockers . At best its a
dribble. I removed the oil galley plug from the back of the head  and again
while oil flows out,  it appears to be nowhere near 40 lbs .

Any suggestions as to whats causing this problem?

Things I've done so far:
Disassembled the rocker arms to insure nothing is blocked
Blown air down the galley from the plug in the back of the head to see if
anyrhing is blocking the galley up from the cam bearings .
The engine is spotless,no sludge.
Thanks for any suggestions

Bob Nogueira
74 MGBGT