Re: Duralube and Splitfires

To: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Duralube and Splitfires
From: Zink <Tiger245@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:35:56 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ljbtvr@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with either Duralube or Splitfires?  They are
> both heavily advertised and make what I consider to be incredible claims.  I
> always have been loathe to spend money on what seem to be "miracle" cures of
> any type.  I DO respect independent tests of these things but I haven't seen
> any
> of the either product in magazines like Road & Track or Consumer Reports.
> Has anyone seen any?
>
> Larry Bickel
> ljbtvr@aol.com
> Lancaster, PA
> '68 GT6, my racer
> '71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
> '85 Dodge Van
> '83 Chevy S10
> '80 Yamaha 650
Larry,
I don't know how you feel about spending $6-7 on a spark plug, but it
would darn near have to install itself for me to pay that much. And is a
3-6% increase in power all you are looking for?  You may want to
contact  Jacob's Electronics about an OmniTeam coil and wire set.  I
think they can set you up with a more reliable system, but they ain't
cheap.  You will get about a 10-15% increase in power.
All the usual disclaimers.
Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
1966 T-Bird TC