TR3 windscreen

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 windscreen
From: moesim@juno.com (C M Michalski)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:19:49 EDT
Fellow listers,
        I have recently acquired a '63 TR3B (to replace the '59 that was
totaled last summer) and it needs some tinkering to be road worthy.  I
have been reading various threads on subjects that will eventually be
important to me as I get to them and I'm sure there will be many more
posts to the list.
        But my first question concerns the installation of a new
windscreen.  I have the entire assembly apart and old glass out.  I have
the seals, etc. to do the build-up, butt having never done this before, I
wondered if there are any precautions, hints or tricks in getting the new
glass/rubber seal in the frame without botching up either.  As usual,
when you buy the parts, instructions are extra, same as in a repair shop
I presume.
        Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mike Michalski     moesim@juno.com