Re: TR-3A - Changing front motor mounts question

To: "John Cowan" <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A - Changing front motor mounts question
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr" <mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 12:23:51 -0500
I replaced the motor mounts on a 59 TR3A the way you suggested several
months ago.  Not recommended.  The problem I experienced was in getting
everything to line up once the old mounts were out and the new mounts were
ready to install.  The floor joack offered no lateral movement and I wound
up renting an engine hoist to finish the job, and a friend to assist in
lining up the mounts with the engine plates.

My $0.02 its to go ahead and rent the hoist and be done with it in a few
hours instead of the two days I spent.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, MS