TR2/3 Bonnets (Hoods)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2/3 Bonnets (Hoods)
From: "David Lee" <DJFLee@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 97 19:55:58 UT
Twice now in 5 years I have driven off without checking the bonnet is secured,
and twice now at around 30 mph, I am rewarded by a large green bonnet
flattening my windscreen. Fortunately, the glass has been the only casualty,
but there are now some dents in the bonnet that will need fettling and a
respray is now rather more urgent than it was.
My question is simple.
Am I the only completely stupid sidescreen TR driver out there? or has this
happened to anyone else.
Has anyone fitted a chain or other restraining device? Do they work?
I have painted a line across the Druz fasteners that only lines up when the
fastener is locked, (standard aviation practice) but this only works if you
remember to check.
Please tell me I'm not the only pillock around.

Dave Lee
1955 TR2
1976 Land Rover SIII
Tearie