spitfire balljoint extraction - cont

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spitfire balljoint extraction - cont
From: Jim Cullen <jcullen@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 21:38:36 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to the for the advice on extracting the balljoints on my spit, I took
the advice of most and bought the balljoint splitter. I tried hammering on
it with my little hammer without success. I got a heavier hammer immediate
success on the passenger side (1 shot only), tried the driver side and ended
up with the ball joint coming apart with the bolt left in the stud axle
carrier (firmly stuck in). My thought is to get a dremel and cut off the
bolt and then drill out the rest of the bolt. However, I'm open to other
suggestions if anyone has faced this problem before.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Cullen
1974 Spitfire