transmission tunnel cover gap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: transmission tunnel cover gap
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 16:58:47 -0600
Scions:
I'm waiting for the transmission extension housing end cap (by thge way,
1.40 pounds to buy, 8 pounds to ship from Rimmers), but it's warm enough to
drive the spit, so I put the (original cardboard) transmission cover back
in place planning to leave the carpet and fascia and vinyl cover that's in
front of the handbake off until I've replaced the end cap
I noticed a gap of 2.25 inches between the back end of the transmission
cover and the front of the sheet metal transmission cover- the seal
described in the catalogues was missing, but I can't believe this seal
fills in 2.25 inches- did the DPO cut the transmission cover or something?
do the plastic replacements from TRF and others extend far enough back that
the seal will make this airtight/watertight? do they include the
insulation/hardware? I can pull back the carpet lip and look at the prop
shaft, obviously less than safe and I worry about exhaust gases, just one
more little job on my LBC
thanks
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC     VTR #11526