straps on the drive shaft

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: straps on the drive shaft
From: "S. Ristroph" <ristroph@csra.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 18:15:02 -0500
Cc: "'amace@unix2.nysed.gov'" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
My LBC is currently in the shop for repairs.  I thought it was a bad u-joint.
The shop has informed me that my car was fitted with a strap type drive shaft.
The straps are breaking, four of them are broken out of the eight (This is what
the shop told me).  The straps took the parking brake cable with them when they
let loose.  My question is: should I fix the drive shaft with new straps or
install a new drive shaft without straps?

Thanks Andrew Mace for all your help.  I will fix my parking brake problem
after I fix this current one. Its probably also to blame for some of my parking
brake woe's.

S. Ristroph
Augusta, GA
1972 Triumph Spitfire Mark IV