Preserving vs Improving

To: cwiedman@shaysnet.com
Subject: Preserving vs Improving
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:07:26 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Let me echo what Andy said - it would be a shame to ruin such an
original car, if it's really as nice as you describe it. One
of the cars I enjoy seeing the most at VTR National's is BIll Sohl's
TR3 - which has never been painted and has been driven a lot. It's
in very good *very original* shape.

We need more cars like that. So many of the trailer queens have been
restored to something that is much more perfect than any
that left the factory - it's a shame. Keep your original car
original. Fix the mechanicals if need be, replace the carpets,
but try to leave the paint and trim alone... if you want to "improve"
a TR3, there are lots out there that need more help than yours!