TR6 interior

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 interior
From: slevine@netmatics.com (Sandy Levine)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:52:56 -0600
I am about to purchase a  complete interior  (carpet and panels) for a 1970
TR6  #CC 52513. The car originally had a light tan carpet, I think Victoria
British calls it biscuit. The seats are the proper style for 70 but the
interior panels match the drawing for 69 as they have horizontal stripes on
the doors and vertical stripes on the back panel. My guess is that the
factory used what was in stock before they changed over to the new design.
Giving a changeover from 69 to 70 at model CC 50000 is not totally correct
in terms of parts used in the cars. I have a few other items (brackets,
etc) that are not in TRF diagrams.  As I am the original owner, what is in
the car today is exactly how it came from the factory.

As I want to restore the car to the way it was when I picked it up from the
dealer, does anyone have an opinion (boy am I asking for it) on the vendor
of choice. I am aware of TRF, Victoria, Special Interest and Moss. I
believe the only one that has the correct color carpet is Victoria. All
four appear to have the correct interior. Any constructive input would be
welcomed.

Thanks

Sandy Levine
70 TR6