Re: sway bars tr3 - a contrarian view

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sway bars tr3 - a contrarian view
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:37:06 -0800
At  9:23 PM 2/28/97 -0800, twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman) (by way
of John Cowan < wrote:

>  I agree with TeriAnn about longer shackles in the back.  Rear suspension
>travel on the 3 seems severely limited.  My car literally hops around uphill
>turns and I feel more travel in back would help - as well as a rear sway bar.

The rear sway bar would limit travel and cause a rear wheel to lift early.
The people racing TR3s at the Monterey Historics that I have chatted with
claim a rear sway bar makes the 3 squirly.

If you want to try it out I have a brand new never been on a car rear sway
bar for a TR3 I would like to sell.  Front & rar sway bars worked very well
on a Saab I had so I just assumed that it would on a 3.  I was told
otherwise before I had a chance to get it mounted.

So just let me know if you would like to sell it.

I also have a new pair of rear leaf springs for a TR4 to get rid of.

TeriAnn Wakeman            "Large format photographers look
Santa Cruz California       at the world upside down and
twakeman@scruznet.com       backwards"