Re: fuel pump on 4A - proper colors & finish

To: re3@ix.netcom.com (Rudy Eberstadt III), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fuel pump on 4A - proper colors & finish
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:00:32 -0800
At  8:20 PM 2/28/97 -0600, Rudy Eberstadt III wrote:
>I am starting to rebuild a TR4A engine for a Morgan I have and would
>like to know what the original colors and finish of the fuel pump was.
>The casting seems to be alum., was it painted black or left natural? Is
>the primer painted or left natural? Is there any book or other source
> that would give me this type of info for the entire engine?
>Thank you,
>Rudy

The fuel pump & primer handle are left natural as are the manifolds &
thermostat housing.  The only thing that gets painted is the block, head,
fan, water pump, and oil pan if you do not have an al pan from a super
sport.  By the way, the Morgan has a different thermostat housing.

You did not say where you are from.  In Santa Cruz California is a shop
called Greg Solo's Engine Room.  Greg is a Morgan fanatic and has bult a
large number of engines for racing Morgans.  He is in the 408 area code.
Give him a call & ask him if he knows any clubs in your area.

TeriAnn Wakeman            "Large format photographers look
Santa Cruz California       at the world upside down and
twakeman@scruznet.com       backwards"