Re: Fan and hub balancing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fan and hub balancing
From: Ken Brown (Kenneth Brown) <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:32:58 -0800
>On   Tue, 18 Feb 97   10:02:29 EST  John Middlesworth writes:

>On my TR4 engine, the machine shop didn't want the fan and hub when >they
balanced the crankshaft, flywheel, rods and pistons.  So I'm left
>wandering how concerned I should be about the fan not being >balanced.  The
fan and hub are stock, but have no balancing weights at >the front.

I've always wondered how a machine shop balances an engine. Do they treat the
crankshaft, flywheel, rods and pistons, etc as one clump of reciprocating mass
like you would when you balance a wheel?

Just wondering what you get for the $ spent,
Ken Brown
TR250