Re: rust inside gas tank - 79 spit

To: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Subject: Re: rust inside gas tank - 79 spit
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:01:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
KEVIN EDDINS wrote:

> I recently found that i had a bit of water in the gas tank.  Upon removing it
> all i found that i had a little visible surface rust.
> For about $50 - $60 i can have it cleaned at a radiator shop, but i was
> hoping that there was some type of chemical that i could purchase and
> do it myself.
> If anyone knows about such a product, please let me know.
>
> thanks,
>
> Kevin
   kevin use POR-15 gas tank kit they are in morristown, N.J. listed in
Hemmings, this is a very good product if you FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, kit is
complete with remover, cleaner & permanent sealer. i have five cars and
all have been done with POR-15. good stuff they have 800 # but i don't
have it here. Their reg. # 201-887-1999 look-up in hemmings