TR6 Tires, Recommendations Please

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Tires, Recommendations Please
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:25:48 +0000
Personal References Please:

I realize it was only a month ago or so that tires were covered (and
quite in depth) for TR6s. I am getting real close to a purchase and
thought I would check for personal recommendations and warnings.

What I would like to mount is 215R65-15. I have some concern that the
tire is going to be a bit much in the wheel wells. The next alternative
is 205R65-15.

I'm running 65 series tires on the MG-CGT and like the profile so I'm
biased that direction. I guess I would like to know if anyone is finding
problems with those in the 215 size. I'm assuming the 205 size should
fit fine.

For what it's worth, I'm planning on buying Pirelli P300s in the 215
size. If I have to drop to the 205 size, the much sportier P600s become
more reasonably priced. My prefered tire store carrys Pirellis and
B.F.Goodrich in my price range. They also cary Michelin (too high) and
some other mundane brands. I like the Dunlop D60A2 but can't find a good
local dealer. The Red-Line tires don't do anything for me.

Any advice appreciated,
the digest lurker

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6