Re: Drain holes + differentials

To: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Subject: Re: Drain holes + differentials
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 07:27:12 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew Linkens wrote:

> I've noticed water dripping out of the seams of the sills when the car is on a
> slope. Somehow water has found it's way inside even though the sills have been
> replaced fairly recently and liberally coated witth Waxoyl.
> I could drill drain holes but would I find that spray from the wheels gets
> inside the sills and causes more problems? Are there such things as one-way
> drain plugs? I seem to remember someone mentioning these some months ago but
> can't find the details,

        [SNIP]
Andy:

You didn't say where you live, or whether water is "dripping out" or
"pouring out".  My point is that water may not be finding it's way into
the sills, but it may be condensation forming within when humidity and
temperature conditions are right.  Happens alot in those sheet metal
"cavities".

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)