Re: TR3 Thermostat

To: Jay Wassall <wassallj@philly.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Thermostat
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 20:36:38 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Jay Wassall wrote:

> I took the thermostat housing off my TR3 today and found a previous
> owner removed the thermostat.  Will it run better with or without a
> thermostat?  If I should be running with one, what temperature
> thermostat should I be using (car will only be used in warm weather)?
> --

Jay, I say definitely need a thermostat.  Standard is 185 degree I think
and it should be the sleeved type.  Any other combination could lead to
MAJOR problems.

Without the thermostat you have unrestricted coolant flowing at all times
this will not allow the it to go through the radiator slowly enough to
cool it off.

I'm sure others can give a more detailed and in depth response but that is
m2cw...