Re: TR 6 Tire replacement

To: abrunetti@edgenet.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 Tire replacement
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:16:02 EST
Cc: andertonm@juno.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:31:59 -0500 abrunetti@edgenet.net (abrunetti)
writes:

>Mark,
>
>Thank you for the formula.  I began this thread about a week ago and
>still
>have not made a decision, but the information you sent is invaluable.
>Just
>one question though.  Is tread width measured at the tread itself or
>at the
>widest point to point on the sidewalls?
>
>Thanks for your anticipated resposnse.
>
>Tony B

I wondered myself if the size figures were accurate or just relative
figures along the line of their tread wear figures.  I can't answer your
question.  While investigating this issue, I found two good web sites.
www.tirerack.com is a great tire catalog with lots of tech info and
www.coker.com has lots of vintage tires and size info.

Mark Anderton