Re: Carpets (fwd)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carpets (fwd)
From: kelly@dss.com (Bill Kelly)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 10:12:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc: kelly@dss.com

> Bill Kelly wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, TRIPHSTEVE wrote:
> >
> > >Go for it and keep us posted. Remember, carpets on all TR3B's were
>>supposed to be grey, regardless of body and interior color.
> >
> > Same with Heralds from that era, and I'd bet anything else they shipped
> > out of Coventry.
> >
> > Does anybody on the list know of a source for grey loop carpeting
> > suitable for early 60's Triumphs? How about pre-cut and stitched to fit
> > a Herald? How about moulded?
> >
> > Greedy, aren't I.
> >
> > Bill Kelly
> > '62 Herald undergoing restoration
>
> If anyone has a small sample what it looks like, I can find a match.  It
> won't be molded, but I can find an exact match.  I live in the Carpet
> Capitol of the World, 90% of the world's carpet is manufactured in my
> area.  Let me know.
>
> Hope to help!
>
> Ron N.
> Dalton, Ga
> http://named.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
> 77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant
> 6? Vitesse convertible
> 92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!)

I don't have a sample but I do have pictures and yes, it was grey. Don't
recall exactly when they changed to black, though I did come across that
information recently - will check.

At any rate, would somebody get the man a sample? There's a folded under bit
beneath the front seat that's most likely to hold the original color and
texture, i.e. least likely to have been exposed to water and sunlight.