Re: First Trip to England--Sights to See?<Pine.PCW.3.95.970208180255.476

To: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: First Trip to England--Sights to See?<Pine.PCW.3.95.970208180255.4767D-100000@macr211.nene.ac.uk>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:35:19 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Pat Willems <pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Afternoon all,

>  As you are a spit owner you would probaly appreciate a visit to the
>TSSC headquarters in Lubenham. another good day out (so I've been told)
>is a visit to the british motor heritage museum at Gaydon.

>These aren't too far from london or that hard to get too. If you do go
>to lubenham beware the traffic calming. The bulges in the road are
>bloody dreadful (especially in a Spit!).

Ignore him, he's WRONG!!!!!  Thats Market Harborough your talking about, I live
there, bumps, humps and chicanes everywhere, but Lubenham, Naah, there ain't
ANY there!!!  by the way, to get there, leave the M1 Motorway at junction 21(I
think) at Lutterworth and head East! Dead easy. If you carry on through
Lubenham, then you will experience the delightful, suspension exercising,
pelvis cracking(calm down johnny), damper knackering traffic calming measures
employed throughout Market Harborough. :-)  Of course, if you come from the
other direction then you get them first!!!!  :-)

>Not far away from Gaydon is the motor museum in Coventry, a few triumphs
>in there and plenty of other interesting british cars. Best of all is
>the prototype Lotus turbo Talbot samba! Thank God it never went into
>production imagine the death toll!!

Despite the close proximity to home, I ain't been to either of these, but I
have been to the Patrick Collection near Birmingham, they used to have some
great old motors in there, including a good selection of group B rally
cars(RS200, Porsche 959, Audi Quattro Sport, lancia Delta S4).

>wherever you do go have fun!

and don't eat yellow snow!!!!

Cheerio

Rich