2000 engine number

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 2000 engine number
From: jgillis@tcd.ie (John Gillis)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:13:51 +0100
I sent this message a few days ago but I had problems at this end with my E
mail. Anyway to the point, My brother just bought a Mk1 Triumph 2000, while
doing a first service, I noticed the engine prefix was MC followed by the
numbers. All my reference shows the Mk1 2000 as having MB as it's engine
prefix. The chassis number has an MB prefix and the log book shows the MC
is correct for the engine in this car. Can anyone throw some light on this
one.

John Gillis 1954 TR2 (getting the works)
Trinity College
Dublin
IRELAND