The Exxon Valdez and old pizza

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Exxon Valdez and old pizza
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 18:02:32 -0600
Does your garage ever look like the Valdez parks there?  Do you ever order
delivery pizza?  If you can answer yes to both of these questions you may be
interested in a technique that I have devised.

You know those large pizza boxes are always a problem to get rid of.  They
either stack up somewhere or if you have a large trash can you can put them
in it,of course then they tear the liner.

Well this is what I do:

I unfold and flatten the old pizza boxes and use them to absorb oil from
under my car.  They don't absorb oil very quickly, but given a couple of
days they will do the job.
The slow absorption rate is actually useful if you need to get under your
car.  A carefully placed pizza box is much more pleasent than laying in an
oil spill.  Even if you are lucky enough to have a clean garage floor the
pizza boxes can still be used effectively as low profile creepers.

But today while working on one of my cars I remembered one of the best
reasons for having pizza boxes under your car.  It makes it so much easier
to retrieve dropped tools and parts.  No more jacking up the car, or pushing
it out from over the piece.  Just pull the box out and there is your piece.

After the boxes are soaked in oil there are soft enough to throw away
without tearing the can liner.  I have tried to find a used oil collection
center that would take pizza boxes, but haven't been able to yet.  At least
in a landfill is probably better than in the storm sewer after hosing down
the garage.
Eric
esc@firstnethou.com
If god hadn't intended it to have a V8,