Re: TR6 Diff mounts - polyurethane/nylatron?

To: mike@shoppersdrugmart.ca
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff mounts - polyurethane/nylatron?
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 21:02:01 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
mike@shoppersdrugmart.ca wrote:

> When I replaced my swing arm bushings with poly which, by the way, is an
> excellent idea if you're thinking about it, I had a similar conversation
> about the diff mounts with my local lbc mechanic.  His opinion was to stick
> with rubber as the torque exerted upon the diff case is substantial and the
> rubbers go a long way towards dampening it so that it isn't transmitted to
> the diff mountings.  Just his .02 worth, but as I'm entering into swapping
> diffs in the spring I'll believe him and stick with rubber.
>
> Mike Himelfarb
Mike

I just purchased the whole urethane set from British Parts Northwest. I
also bought their 7/8" sway bar which was a deal at under 100 bucks.
Its a perfect match (dimensionaly) as the stock bar with the exception
of the diameter.

I'm building an autocrosser (prepared) out of  my 74 TR6 and I'm using
early (70) drivetrain (spares).

The whole package looks to be of good quality and this includes the diff
mounts.

Does anyone out there have any experience with British Parts Northwest
urethane bush set for the whole suspension. I checked out the Nylatron
stuff from TRF but its a bit pricey.

Any good rear sway bar at an affordable price (less than $100).

Also looking for higher rate springs that lower by 1". Richard Goodes
and TRF's are a little high (price/same springs). I've used the H.D.
springs on my 71 TR6 and although good for a pure stock vehicle, ride
height a bit to high for me.

Any tips or info would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Glenn Franco