Re: TR6 Diff mounts - polyurethane/nylatron?

To: ngaard@ibm.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff mounts - polyurethane/nylatron?
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:56:19 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dear Michael:

Yes, I received a response from rjb "Roger" , who reccommended poly diff
mounts from British Parts NW (503-864-2001).  I bought a set and currently
have the diff off the car now.

The old rubber mounts were very soft, perhaps letting the diff "click" into
the mounting brackets; as the mounting brackets were solid.  The diff itself
seems to have no play, and the half-shaft splines are like new.  (U joints
were replaced last winter.)

As soon as I get new oil seals from Moss, I'll be mounting the diff back into
the car.  BTW, when I opened-up the diff itself it smelled like something was
long dead in there.  New gear oil should cure that!

rjb also suggested using poly trailing arm bushings for the rear susp.  Last
winter I installed the TRF HD rubber bushings, which are very hard.  And very
hard to install.  But they sure did help settle down the rear-end.  A lot.

Thanks for your concern.

Kevin D. O'Connor