Re:

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:
From: DaveFain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 06:46:31 -0700
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 19:19:30 -0500
> From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@dalton.net>
> Subject: <GT6+>: Gearbox and Overdrive questions
>

> I'm in the process of building a Spit 6, and was wondering what the
> gear ratios were for the GT6+ gearbox. 2.65,1.78,1.25.1.0
> This 'box does not have
> overdrive, and I was also wondering if the J-Type overdrive from my 1500
> would bolt up to the GT6+ 'box.You would definitely have to change out the
>main shaft in
the gearbox for an overdrive shaft since the regular one is
too long where it sticks out the rear of the box.  The gearbox
in the GT6+ is the "three rail" type and I think the 1500 has
a different type gearbox (I don't own one so might be wrong
on this) so I don't know if it would bolt up to the GT6 case.
I converted the gearbox in my GT6 MkI like this but I used a
D type O/D.  If it won't bolt on, you might get away with
just changing the adaptor that goes between the gearbox case
and the O/D unit for an earlier type.
Dave