TRF and 2nd or 3rd childhoods

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRF and 2nd or 3rd childhoods
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 22:44:24 EST
I like TRF for their devotion to authenticity.  I also had a number of
back orders, and was dissapointed by the standard 4-6 week response for
backorder schedule.  I have started ordering the backordered pieces,
from other reputable sources, as I require them.

It is impossible for any vendor having a very substantial sale to
anticipate the reponse.  For a mail order vendor like TRF, the downside
of over ordering for a sale could be worse than under ordering.  Just
imagine if they purchased all the stuff we have back ordered and we
didn't call.  That is a good way to go out of business.  Sit tight.  If
you must have the parts, do what I did.  Locate the parts at another
vendor, call TRF, make sure they haven't shipped, order that parts from
the other vendor and call TRF back and tell them to cancel that back
order.

Make sure to let them know you ordered from someone else.  That is the
only way they will improve their service.  I was working on a parts order
with Britixh Parts Connection, Dick Burger's firm.  They were very busy
and after three failed attempts at getting pricing for a part I placed my
order with TRF, BUT I also let Dick know why he lost the order.  I feel
this is the best way to make sure our vendors are responsive.  Provide
the service or lose the business.

Also, I am four years old than my TR.  I guess then I am not quite a
Geezer, but pretty old?  I am certainly not on my 2nd or 3rd childhood,
not having finished my first childhood yet.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L
1974 Norton Commando Roadster