skipies and dumpster divers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: skipies and dumpster divers
From: Dudley Simons <drs1005@esc.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:01:06 +0000 (GMT)
I had always thought that it was just me, I was the only person who
rumaged around in skips (dumpsters) with the fervour of a bag lady
outside Macdonalds.

Judging by the response from fellow listers to the tarps disease and
dumpster thread, I am not alone! It would appear that the sirens lure
which silently draws me to skips can be heard by others!

It always amazes me the amount of scrap aluminium and brass that finds
its way into skips - especially around the university where I work. Its
almost as if I can smell aluminium and brass before I even look in the
skip.  There is very little more satisfying than dismantling thousands of
pounds worth of redundant lab equipment etc with a few spanners, club
hammer and cold chisel!  Some kind of primeval killing instinct? - and it
makes money!

Dudley Simons
Senior Photographer & Magpie
Dept Earth Sciences