TR Wishbone Bushings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR Wishbone Bushings
From: daverne@dlcwest.com (Doug Daverne)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 00:37:01 -0600
Hi to All,

Once again I am going to the list to find information that doesn't appear to
be available anywhere else.  I am in the process of doing a front suspension
rebuild on my '61 TR-4.  When the wishbone outer new bushings are installed
they won't fit onto the shafts on my new trunions.  This leads me to believe
that these bushings are intended to be reamed to size.  Does anyone know
what the design clearance for these bushings is? Has anyone else had to ream
them and if so to what size?

Any and all comments on this would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Doug Daverne

1961 TR-4 CT283LO