RE: Teak wood Dash

To: ak627@dayton.wright.edu, Triumphs@Autox.Team.net, owner-triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: RE: Teak wood Dash
From: Larry_Young@avid.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 96 22:24:20 -0400
Encoding: 23 text
> I seem to remember that all the planking on the main deck was teak,
and
> the weather didn't seem to hurt it much.  Just testing my memory here,
do
Tom, et al:

Many a sailboat, Battleship, Destroyer and big fancy Yacht has teak
decks, if fack some part of the hulls may contain teak. Why you ask?
Beacause teak resists warping and adverse weather, and the weather is at
it worst at sea!

I've a teak dash on my TR for yaears and it has yet to show any signs of
age! Of course the drawback to teak is that if you have to sut it you
are going to wear out an awful lot of saw blades as it is extremely
hard!

My $.02..

Larry Young
'67 TR4A-IRS