Re: TR6 Engine Removal

To: tigerpb@ids.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Removal
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 17:25:30 -0400
In a message dated 96-09-28 23:49:55 EDT, tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr) writes:

>Grettings; I'm pondering removing the engine on my TR6. Id like to
>know if it is posible to remove the engine and leave the tranny in
>place.

Paul;

Yes it's easier to pull the engine without the transmission attached but that
means removing the transmission first!  Forget about leaving the transmission
in the car - once you have removed the yoke, seats, parking brake handle,
transmission cove,etc in order to get to the bolts that hold the two together
you may as well lift the trans out and set it aside.  Removing the engine
without the transmission attached is easier because the need to angle the
engine more or less goes away.

The process is more or less straight forward but there are some sticky parts
when it comes to reassembly.

Good Luck

Dave
St. Louis MO