Spitfire trans apology, late thanks, TR-A Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire trans apology, late thanks, TR-A Question
From: Les Francis <lesf@metronet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 17:05:01 -0500
First off I need to apologize for the lateness of this post.  A couple of
months ago I was unable to re-install the transmission in my '78 Spitfire.
I asked for help (threatening to use a large hammer), and received 10-12
replies - all very supportive and helpful.  I then calmly walked into the
garage, sat in the Spit, read the messages, and with renewed determination
began struggling again.  FINALLY, the shaft slid in ever so firmly and I
felt a great sense of relief.  I laid back and lit a cigarette with the
knowledge that it had been as good for the car as it had been for me.

ANYway, though I continued to follow the digest of messages, I never got
around to thanking those who sent support.  Suffice it to say that the
summary of the info was: 1) are you sure you centralized the clutch?, 2) can
you get some one to help you re-instlall it?, and  3) There's no secret way
- just keep at it 'til it goes in.  Again, thanks to ALL who replied - your
messages were enjoyable, helpful, and encouraging.

Mea Culpa out of the way, I'm also posting for a friend with a TR3A who is
doing a frame off restoration.  Didn't start that way, but, you know...  He
has a small mouth apron (with egg crate grill) that the DPO put on the car.
He would like - ideally - to trade it for a wide mouth apron.  Is anyone in
the opposite position?  Is that a fair trade?  We are each in Texas;
suburban Dallas.

Les Francis
lesf@metronet.com
'78 Spit - now with stripped bleed screw(!)