Re: TR6 tonneau cover snaps

To: bullock@indycar.eds.com (Chris Bullock)
Subject: Re: TR6 tonneau cover snaps
From: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:57:44 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
  Any specific advice - especially with the four snap-
>assemblies at the front that attach to the top of the dash pad?  I've never
>really seen any instructions for this kind of work.

A few years ago, I purchased a tonneau (Robbins?) from TRF for a 74 TR 6.
It came with a simple, but useful set of instructions (one pager) that
outlined which snaps to start with, the correct order to proceed etc...the
result was (and still is) a well fitted tonneau.  Once the location had
been identified, I used an awl to make the start hole, placed the male
portion of the snap through it and used the snap tool to complete each
snap.  Things like ambient temperature are important...do it in a warm
place (comfortable room temperature or a bit warmer), but not hot or cold
or you'll have sagging (installed cold, too loose when it's hot) or
taughtness (opposite) problems.  It helps to use masking tape and a friend
to position the cover prior to making any of the holes...the front four
have 'lift the dot' retainers and I seem to recall that they were fitted
last.

Perhaps someone (or TRF for that matter) has a copy of that one page set of
instructions?

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015