RE: thrust washers

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: thrust washers
From: "Robinson, David, Squadron Leader" <RobinsDa@lhheat.mcclellan.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:58:45 -0700
I am in the process of doing a major tidy up of my TR6 engine (new main
bearings, cylinder hone, rings, conrod bearings and thrust washers).
The method described by John Gillis is a good sign.   Hearing a loud
clunk and a seeing reasonable amount of movement (greater than 10
thousands of an inch) is a good sign that you need to drop the pan for a
closer look.    From there, the amount you do depends on funds
availability and how much you like your LBC.

David Robinson
TR6 (undergoing RHD conversion)