Re: TR6 tires(3)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 tires(3)
From: Gregory Urban <gurban1@gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:33:16 -0400 (EDT)
Robert,

Just to add my $.02:

I am running 215/65 15's on my 71 TR-6.  They fill the fender nicely, and
look great.  They are pushing the envelope of width on a 5.5" stock rim,
but they work just fine.  The benefit of going to the 65 series tire vs a
205/70 is that you will find a better selection of mid-performance tires.
Personally, I am using Pirelli P4000's, and I am also very pleased.  They
offer good handling in wet and dry, and most importatnly to me, give a
nice ride that is not too harsh.  So far, my stock and mostly original
suspension is not falling to pieces due to the new wider tires.

When I posed the same question as you just did to the list several months
ago, the BF Goodrich Comp T/A's came very highly recommended.

Greg U
71 TR-6
Annapolis, MD