Head Gasket

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Head Gasket
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 96 16:57:51 pst
     Hello;
     I have been racing Triumphs (TR4A) both solid axle and IRS for about
     five years.  During that time I have worked on making my own solid
     copper head gaskets out of frustration with the standard low quality.

     During the past three seasons I have been testing these and found out
     that they work well.  In fact not one gasket related failure in over
     three seasons with five full-race cars. ( I gave gaskets to my buddies
     to tryout).

     I now would like other people to try them out.

     I sell them for $40.00 plus shipping. (45.00) In the continental USA.
     If you shop around you'll see prices that are nearly two to three
     times higher!

     I make them out of standard 110 copper (99.96% copper/.04% oxygen.)
     out of .032 sheet and anneal them to the soft state prior to shipment.
     But If you want it un-annealed -it's no problem.  It is very easy to
     anneal.

     There is no asbestos. They are absolutely recyclable.

     They fit 86/87 mm bores but, can be modified for bigger bores easily.
     I have worked at making them more functional for engines that produce
     a lot of heat under a lot of stress e.g. race cars.  Our full race
     engines typically turn 6500 RPM reliably with compression ratios of
     nearly 12:1.  A couple of team members  ( I won't mention who) run BIG
     pistions.

     An instruction sheet is provided.

     Will fit TR3-4-4A /Morgan/  I'm also making them for Spitfire 1300
     and EARLY TR6.  TR6 price is $20 more ($10/bore).

     Mordy Dunst
     GASKETWORKS
     818-358-1616 office
     818-301-8816 fax