MityVac use

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: MityVac use
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 10:36:19 -0700
< Karl wrote ...How do you use the Mity-Vac?>

Karl,

You are correct in assuming that the MityVac (I spelled it wrong
originally, no hyphen) sucks the fluid down into each wheel cylinder.
My pump doesn't have the guage, so I don't know how much vacuum it
actually creates.  The kit comes with different fittings that slip over
the bleed nipple sized as needed.  5-8 stokes on the pump handle creates
the vacuum, open the bleed screw and voila--fluid and a jillion little
bubbles come out.  Do this about 2-3 times at each corner and you're
done.   I first used it when I restored my TR8 and their was no one to
help me.  Bled the 3 corners on the 8 in about 15 minutes (TR7-8's have
no right rear bleed screw but a cross over pipe).  Didn't think it could
really be this easy.  Hopped in the car and instant brakes!  Like I said
this is the best tool I've ever bought.

Hope this insight helps.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.