Re: alternator question

To: jcullen@direct.ca
Subject: Re: alternator question
From: Bob Edgar <bob@bobe.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:23:54 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 Is it worth it
> to try to do this, or should I just buy the rebuilt one? Is the hum that
> precipitated the alternator failing an indication of the problem? If I
> should rebuild/fix it where should I start?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Jim Cullen, 1974 British Racing Green "Jade"

I take it this is a Spitfire?   Mine just gave up yesterday - no
warning, just a light on the dashboard suddenly.   I faced the same
question today.   I found that I could buy an exchange one for stlg25
(UK), so decided to opt for this route, particularly as I need the
car for work.

I'm not sure how many UK pounds = one Canadian dollar, but it sounds
if it could be more expensive in your case.

God luck!

Bob
Spit 1500 78