TR6 tires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 tires
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:28:57 -0400 (EDT)
Hello.  I'm a new subscriber to the list and new to Triumphs...should I
admit to being an MG owner also (53 TD, 66 B)?

I could use some advice on choosing tires for a 73 TR6 to replace the
Micheline redlines currently on the car.  I will be using KN replicas of
minilite wheels, 5.5" width, and want to install rally grade springs,
plus some other changes to the suspension system.

Can anyone recommend tires (size, type, etc.) that look appropriate for a
TR6 and also give good handling, along with some hints re: suspension
changes/upgrades,for the same purpose (better handling).

Thanks in advance.  Look forward to enjoying my list membership.

Robert Carley
U. of Guelph
Ontario, Canada