misc. gt6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: misc. gt6
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 23:23:16 -0600
MS>Greetings all.

MS>Let me toss this out to all those that have already "been there, done
MS>that".   In order to quit beating my TR-6 to death I have been looking
MS>for a spitfire project car to turn into a race vehicle.  This would be
MS>used at l
MS>ocal autocrosses and some club racing at Nelson Ledges.   I have come
MS>across a 1972 GT-6 that just might fill my needs.  Before I make any
MS>investments of time or money I would like to know if this year/make of
MS>Triumph wou
MS>ld make a good  racer.  I am not planning anything exotic,  just a fun
MS>car.  I currently own a 73 GT-6 and feel that it is too fragile of a
MS>car to be both a driver and a racer.  My thinking is if I get a second
MS>one and ab
MS>use it and it breaks, well what the heck,  I’ll just park it until I
MS>get the time and money to get it back on the track.   How about some
MS>feedback from the field.

MS>     I also have a MK 1 GT-6 engine (complete)  that I would like to
MS>pass on  (cheap) to it’s next owner.  I purchased it to rob parts off
MS>of in order to feed the motor in my current GT-6 that was trashed when
MS>I bought it.  W
MS>ell guess what, "dem parts don’t fit (needed the crank)".  This motor
MS>hasn’t run in awhile, but I have had the bottom end apart and it looks
MS>pretty darn good inside.  If anyone in the northern Ohio area might be
MS>intereste
MS>d please drop me a line.  I am located west of Cleveland.

MS>Marty Sukey

Marty,
 Spit is an excellent choice. But if youreally want to have some fun,
drop in the GT6 engine and locate another bonnet (hood).
 The adaptation is pretty much a bolt in proposition but you may want to
upgrade  front springs etc.
Oh, what fun!!!
Regards,
Tony R
"GT6s"
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com