unleaded fuel for TR6?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: unleaded fuel for TR6?
From: "Lars G. Johnsen" <lars.johnsen@hd.uib.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 15:56:35 +0200
Just wondered what the experience is using unleaded fuel in TR6. My car
is imported to Norway from California, and I am being told that in CA
there is only unleaded fuel to buy, and consequently my car must have
been using unleaded fuel in its former life.

So, is it true that unleaded fuel will cause the valves to deteriorate?
If it is, do all californians add lead to the fuel or do they convert
the engine to accept unleaded fuel?

best, Lars
'74 TR6 CF27324UO

P.S. For those who remember my posting from July: I got the car on
Norwegian plates last week, after overhauling the brakes (new
mastercylinder), the front suspension (total overhaul), steering (new
rubber and ends), rear suspension (new kit, but I will tell you more
about this), and clutch (new slave and master cylinder). All done almost
within budget.