Re: tr-6 brakes (or lack of)

To: gautreau@ix.netcom.com (J Gautreau )
Subject: Re: tr-6 brakes (or lack of)
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:42:03 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe,
You didn't mention if the brake fluid level was OK.  My initial suspicion is
low fluid and air in your lines as a result. I had a slow leak at the master
cylinder/servo surface.  After trying to save the MC with a new kit, I ended
up replacing it anyway after much frustration trying to get the all air out
of the lines.   BTW, even if your fluid level is OK, its probably due for
replacing anyway.  Rebuilding the wheel cylinders and replacing the brake
lines can all be done in a day.  Something for you to do during that 4th season.
Regards,
Rod.   ' 70 TR6  CC55899L

At 16:36 12/09/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I've owned my tr6 for about 5 years now and have never done much with
>the brakes. (Almost everything else, but not the brakes)
>
>Lately, I seem to be using more and more foot pressure to stop the car
>now than i ever did before.

snip