76 TR 6 Oil Pan Gasket

To: Unknown <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 76 TR 6 Oil Pan Gasket
From: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Sep 96 21:13:02 EDT
Hi all,

I had a terrific oil leak around the pan  and I just got it off today. The
gasket was dry except for the front and back where both leaks occurred. If fact,
the gasket looked better than I expected except in these  two obvious places.

Instead of using a "ready made" gasket on the pan, I'm thinking of trying a
Perma-Tex material form a tube called The Right Stuff.  Anybody tried this or
anything similar? If so, how do you seal around the engine sealing block,
especially where the set screws go through the block? Would you fill in the set
screw holes with the material or just try to go around the edges of the holes?
Seems to me there's not much gasket surface unless the holes are filled in.

Thanks in advance for any good advice you can share with me. I sure don't want
to do this one over because it leaks.

Neil
76 TR 6
Longview, Tx.