Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report <19960908.201415.5303.

To: captainzoso@juno.com (Captain Page)
Subject: Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report <19960908.201415.5303.0.CaptainZoso@juno.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 14:15:29 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>>>Captain Page said:
 > Here's  a quick report on what I saw today:
 >
 > The following car catagories were present: Rolls Royce, MG, Lotus,
 > Triumph, Austin Mini, Morgan, Jaguar, Sunbeam, Land Rover, Austin Healey.

More than that! I saw, at least, a Riley 2.5, an Alvis DHC, at least three
Bentleys, a Rover SD1, at least a dozen Jensen Healey's (many from the DBTBCD
tour), a Jensen Interceptor, a Daimler Ferret armoured car, an HRG roadster, a
quantity of Aston Martins, and Roland's Cobra.  Several Ford Consuls and
Cortinas, some Morris Minors and Travellers, and a matched pair of Ford
caravans, complete with dead-head stickers.

 > Triumph catagory of cars: Two Heralds (good condition) A number of TR3's
 > (various condition, no concoures), a few TR4's (two red ones in fine
 > condition, one in concours condition with surrey top).  Two Royal Blue
 > TR250's and a number of TR6's in various conditions (one red one in
 > concoures condition).  A few good TR6's were for sale.

Sybil,  my TR-6, was there.  Her condition was, um, various.

THere was a very nice pre-war Triumph Saloon of some sort, too.

And a pretty decent jazz band.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center